Sunday, October 25, 2009

Marvin Sonsona: Marvelous Indeed!

Allan Tolentino
September 7th, 2009
\
One aspect of boxing that I have always been very intrigued by is the results of amateur fights involving boxers that went on to become world champions. In the Philippines, the national amateur tournaments are full of potential champions and if you ever get a chance to go check one of them and by all means go and do so because you will be seeing some potential stars of Philippine boxing. I have been to some of these tournaments and I witnessed dozens of talents. I saw Manny Pacquiao when he was 16 years old and when he became a household name in a local boxing show called "Blow-by-Blow" early in his boxing career. I was present watching at the time he fought countryman Dele Decierto in Manila back in 1995. It is amazing and interesting to me that you can be at what might appear to be an average run of the mill tournament somewhere and you have no idea who the guys on the show may or may not turn out to be in the future. Read full story....

No comments:

Post a Comment